|Need, Greed, and a Sustainable Future|
|Environmental visionary Saleem H. Ali|
|Tuesday, February 9 at 7:30 p.m.
|Would the world be a better place if human societies curbed their desires for material goods? In his provocative new book, Treasures of the Earth: Need, Greed, and a Sustainable Future,Saleem H. Ali suggests that the answer is not so simple. Join Ali to find out why.
scholar and environmental visionary
- NOVA Green Festival
- UMD: Carnegie’s Bardyn on comet dust
- Exciting upcoming events at the Smithsonian
- March 21 meeting of the Paleontological Society of Washington
- Carnegie: oceans, asteroids, diamonds, dinosaurs
- Seneca quarry tour
- UMD Science on Tap: Tom Holtz on T. Rex
- Paleoclimate: Digging into the Past to Chart our Future
- February meeting of the Paleontological Society of Washington
- AEG: Meinert on terroir