|Need, Greed, and a Sustainable Future|
|Environmental visionary Saleem H. Ali|
|Tuesday, February 9 at 7:30 p.m.
|Would the world be a better place if human societies curbed their desires for material goods? In his provocative new book, Treasures of the Earth: Need, Greed, and a Sustainable Future,Saleem H. Ali suggests that the answer is not so simple. Join Ali to find out why.
scholar and environmental visionary
- UMD: Boise State’s Kohn on Shear heating in subduction zones
- GSW 1524: Bentley on geological visualization
- AEG: Ground Vibration Control from Explosives Demolition of the Kosciuszko Bridge
- UMD: Le Mével on volcanic unrest at large silicic systems
- Paleontological Society of Washington November seminar
- PGS: W and L’s Conners on Alaskan tectonics
- UMD: Georgetown’s Johnson on “Life on Mars” (+ distant moons)
- AEG: USGS’s Pratt on seismic shaking
- UMD: Martin on Saturn’s moons
- UMD: Echeverría on Geology Careers