|Need, Greed, and a Sustainable Future|
|Environmental visionary Saleem H. Ali|
|Tuesday, February 9 at 7:30 p.m.
|Would the world be a better place if human societies curbed their desires for material goods? In his provocative new book, Treasures of the Earth: Need, Greed, and a Sustainable Future,Saleem H. Ali suggests that the answer is not so simple. Join Ali to find out why.
scholar and environmental visionary
- 17th Technical Forum for Geohazards Impacting Transportation in Appalachia
- Carnegie science: Dr. Diana Roman – When the Volcano Stirs
- May meeting of the Paleontological Society of Washington
- AAAS: Coles on Climate Change & the Chesapeake Bay
- Q?Rius panel discussion on religion and evolution in the classroom
- USGS: Martinez on energy resource impacts
- UMD Geology: Zhang on Fe-Ni-S-C Liquid in the Earth’s Mantle
- UMD: Viete on metamorphism as earthquake record
- Technical Forum for Geohazards Impacting Transportation in Appalachia