|Need, Greed, and a Sustainable Future|
|Environmental visionary Saleem H. Ali|
|Tuesday, February 9 at 7:30 p.m.
|Would the world be a better place if human societies curbed their desires for material goods? In his provocative new book, Treasures of the Earth: Need, Greed, and a Sustainable Future,Saleem H. Ali suggests that the answer is not so simple. Join Ali to find out why.
scholar and environmental visionary
- March 21 meeting of the Paleontological Society of Washington
- Carnegie: oceans, asteroids, diamonds, dinosaurs
- Seneca quarry tour
- UMD Science on Tap: Tom Holtz on T. Rex
- Paleoclimate: Digging into the Past to Chart our Future
- February meeting of the Paleontological Society of Washington
- AEG: Meinert on terroir
- PGS: Veith on Consistent Earthquake Magnitude Estimates
- UMD: Boehnke on geochemical models through time
- GSW 1527: Locatelli, Wesson, Bensi: fossilization, Darwin, hazards