GSW #1458: Meteorites and plate bottomsides

GEOLOGICAL SOCIETY OF WASHINGTON

Meeting Number 1458

John Wesley Powell Auditorium, Cosmos Club, 2170 Florida Ave NW Wednesday, January 11, 2012;  Refreshments 7:30 pm; Meeting 8:00 pm

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ved Lekic, University of Maryland — Imaging the bottom of tectonic plates.

Andrew Beck, National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution — Petrology of Diogenite Meteorites and Implications for the Geology of Asteroid Vesta.

Sean Solomon, Department of Terrestrial Magnetism, Carnegie Institute — The Geology, Geochemistry, and Geophysics of the Planet Mercury: Latest findings from MESSENGER.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

73% of 2011 GSW members have renewed for 2012.  We are looking for the other 27%. If you have not already done so, renew your 2012 GSW membership. Paper notices mailed in early December. You can also renew online at <http://gsw.minsocam.org/2012Renewal.html> (paying by MasterCard, Visa, Amex, Discover, or by PayPal, you will need the e-mail address GSW has fopr you, and your GSW member number).

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Future meetings: 2012: Jan 11, Feb 1, March 14 & 28, May 9.

GSW Website: <http://www.gswweb.org>

Wikipedia page <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geological_Society_of_Washington>

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s