November 17 & 18, 2012: Fairfax, Virginia
21th Annual Gem, Mineral & Fossil Show
Sponsored by the Northern Virginia Mineral Club.
George Mason University, Fairfax Virginia
Student Union Bldg II (The Hub)
GMU Campus is located at the intersection of Rte 123 & Braddock Rd, Fairfax, VA
Saturday 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM, Sunday 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
20 plus Dealers selling Minerals, Fossils, Crystals, Gems, Jewelry, Carvings, Meteorites & more!
Also, Demonstrations, Exhibits, Door Prizes & Kid’s Activities including Mini-mines & Fossil Dig.
Silent Auction on Sunday afternoon.
Adults $5, Seniors $3, Teens (13-17) $3.
FREE – Children (12 & under), Scouts in uniform, GMU Students w/valid ID.
On campus use GMU’s parking Lot A
Enter Lot A from Nottaway River Lane off Braddock Road
Courtesy shuttle provided from Parking Lot A to the Mineral show.
GMU Campus map: http://eagle.gmu.edu/map/fairfax.php
Jim Kostka (Operations Coordinator) jkostka at juno.com or
Tom Taaffe (Dealer Coordinator) rockcllctr at aol.com
If you need anything else, please email me and I will respond promptly.
Tom Taaffe (703) 281-3767 Jim Kostka (202) 207-5437
- 17th Technical Forum for Geohazards Impacting Transportation in Appalachia
- Carnegie science: Dr. Diana Roman – When the Volcano Stirs
- May meeting of the Paleontological Society of Washington
- AAAS: Coles on Climate Change & the Chesapeake Bay
- Q?Rius panel discussion on religion and evolution in the classroom
- USGS: Martinez on energy resource impacts
- UMD Geology: Zhang on Fe-Ni-S-C Liquid in the Earth’s Mantle
- UMD: Viete on metamorphism as earthquake record
- Technical Forum for Geohazards Impacting Transportation in Appalachia