The speaker will be Dr. Eyal Shalev, from the Geological Survey of Israel. Dr. Shalev is current on sabbatical leave at the University of Maryland. He will present: The Processes Controlling the Propagation of Hydro-Fractures Induced by Wellbore Fluid Injection.
The department will host a reception in the Geology Museum (GEO 2118) immediately following the seminar.
- March 21 meeting of the Paleontological Society of Washington
- Carnegie: oceans, asteroids, diamonds, dinosaurs
- Seneca quarry tour
- UMD Science on Tap: Tom Holtz on T. Rex
- Paleoclimate: Digging into the Past to Chart our Future
- February meeting of the Paleontological Society of Washington
- AEG: Meinert on terroir
- PGS: Veith on Consistent Earthquake Magnitude Estimates
- UMD: Boehnke on geochemical models through time
- GSW 1527: Locatelli, Wesson, Bensi: fossilization, Darwin, hazards