The speaker will be Dr. Eyal Shalev, from the Geological Survey of Israel. Dr. Shalev is current on sabbatical leave at the University of Maryland. He will present: The Processes Controlling the Propagation of Hydro-Fractures Induced by Wellbore Fluid Injection.
The department will host a reception in the Geology Museum (GEO 2118) immediately following the seminar.
- GSW 1521: Rifts and columns
- UMD: Kelsey Young on The Integration of Field Portable Instruments into Planetary Surface Exploration
- Open House at NOAA Center in College Park, Maryland Sept. 16
- Paleontological Society of Washington sept. 2017 meeting
- GSW 1521: Rifts and the extrusive rocks within them
- Wendy Bohon on “rocks from space” (Nerd Nite)
- UMD: Cohen on early solar system events
- 17th Technical Forum for Geohazards Impacting Transportation in Appalachia
- Carnegie science: Dr. Diana Roman – When the Volcano Stirs
- May meeting of the Paleontological Society of Washington