The speaker will be Dr. Eyal Shalev, from the Geological Survey of Israel. Dr. Shalev is current on sabbatical leave at the University of Maryland. He will present: The Processes Controlling the Propagation of Hydro-Fractures Induced by Wellbore Fluid Injection.
The department will host a reception in the Geology Museum (GEO 2118) immediately following the seminar.
- 17th Technical Forum for Geohazards Impacting Transportation in Appalachia
- Carnegie science: Dr. Diana Roman – When the Volcano Stirs
- May meeting of the Paleontological Society of Washington
- AAAS: Coles on Climate Change & the Chesapeake Bay
- Q?Rius panel discussion on religion and evolution in the classroom
- USGS: Martinez on energy resource impacts
- UMD Geology: Zhang on Fe-Ni-S-C Liquid in the Earth’s Mantle
- UMD: Viete on metamorphism as earthquake record
- Technical Forum for Geohazards Impacting Transportation in Appalachia