The speaker will be Dr. Eyal Shalev, from the Geological Survey of Israel. Dr. Shalev is current on sabbatical leave at the University of Maryland. He will present: The Processes Controlling the Propagation of Hydro-Fractures Induced by Wellbore Fluid Injection.
The department will host a reception in the Geology Museum (GEO 2118) immediately following the seminar.
- Drs. Peter and Rosemary Grant – 40 years of Evolution of Darwin’s Finches
- PGS: Sumy on induced earthquakes
- GSW 1524: Bentley on visualization in geology
- UMD: Boise State’s Kohn on Shear heating in subduction zones
- GSW 1524: Bentley on geological visualization
- AEG: Ground Vibration Control from Explosives Demolition of the Kosciuszko Bridge
- UMD: Le Mével on volcanic unrest at large silicic systems
- Paleontological Society of Washington November seminar
- PGS: W and L’s Conners on Alaskan tectonics
- UMD: Georgetown’s Johnson on “Life on Mars” (+ distant moons)