Gem, Lapidary, and Mineral Society of Montgomery County MD., Inc.
52nd Annual GLMSMC Gem, Mineral and Fossil Show
At the Montgomery County Fairgrounds – Gaithersburg, Maryland
March 19 & 20, 2016.
Montgomery County Fairgrounds –
16 Chestnut Street, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20877
Saturday 10:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
Sunday 11:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M
Admission is $6.00, ages 12 and older.
Admission is Free for Children (11 and under), Free for Scouts in Uniform.
To get a $1 off coupon please go to the club website: http://www.glmsmc.com/show.shtml
Plenty of Free parking for the show
More than 20 dealers will have gems, minerals, fossils, meteorites and crystals for sale. Enjoy demonstrations, over 40 exhibits, raffle, door prizes, free workshop, free specimens for kids, and/or get more information about specimens from your own collection. Those under 18 can dig for free specimens in the kid’s mini-mines!
The Gem, Lapidary, and Mineral Society of Montgomery County, is a long standing non-profit organization that was formed to provide all persons interested in Earth Science (Geology, Mineralogy, & Paleontology) and Lapidary Arts the opportunity to increase their knowledge and broaden their interests through a variety of learning and collecting activities.
The club holds regular monthly meetings (2nd Monday of the month) (except July and August), sponsors presentations and organizes collecting field trips in additional to holding an annual show.
- 17th Technical Forum for Geohazards Impacting Transportation in Appalachia
- Carnegie science: Dr. Diana Roman – When the Volcano Stirs
- May meeting of the Paleontological Society of Washington
- AAAS: Coles on Climate Change & the Chesapeake Bay
- Q?Rius panel discussion on religion and evolution in the classroom
- USGS: Martinez on energy resource impacts
- UMD Geology: Zhang on Fe-Ni-S-C Liquid in the Earth’s Mantle
- UMD: Viete on metamorphism as earthquake record
- Technical Forum for Geohazards Impacting Transportation in Appalachia